10:52am Wednesday 13th April 2011
By David Lindsell »
Three more men have appeared in court accused of being part of a gang which targeted Kingston Mosque in an Islamophobic attack.
Jordan Ellingham, 20, of Camden Avenue, Feltham, Martin Pottle, 22, of Hounslow Road, Hanworth, and James Stacey, 18, of Ashurst Drive, Shepperton, appeared in Kingston Magistrates’ Court on the morning of Tuesday, April 12.
They were jointly charged with being part of a mob which smashed a window at the East Road mosque, urinated in the foyer, threatened the congregation and laid bacon on windows and cars on November 21 last year.
None of the three were asked to enter a plea to the two charges of racially aggravated damage, and using or threatening unlawful violence.
The case was adjourned for a committal hearing on May 24.
They were released on conditional bail and Mr Pottle and Mr Ellingham were told not to enter the borough of Kingston.
Mr Stacey, who works in Kingston, was simply told not to enter East Road.
Nine people in total, including David Morris, 20, of Elm Way, Epsom, have now appeared in court in connection with the attack.